Sunday, March 18, 2012

Angels don't say "Duh!"

It's been a while since I've had, or at least been aware of, an "angel experience" as I call them. Maybe it's happened and I wasn't paying attention. Today I was paying attention.

The saga continues with my 21 year old Jeep Cherokee. I swear, she has more mood swings than I do. And she never seems to have them in front of a mechanic! She saves her episodes just for me. Today I went to the grocery store and, when I came out with my groceries and unlocked the car door, the security alarm started beeping. I turned the key a couple times, which is supposed to reset the alarm. But it just kept beeping and beeping. This is the second time this has happened.

So there I was in the grocery store parking lot with the security alarm beeping and the lights flashing on my car. I kept turning the key back and forth but to no avail. I loaded my groceries in the car and then started turning the key again.....still to no avail.  People were walking by without even looking up. I'm not really sure what good those security alarms are since nobody pays attention to them.

Suddenly I heard a voice saying "Do you need some help?" I looked around to see where the voice was coming from and what did I see but a Kevin Costner look alike coming towards me with his steel blue eyes fixed right on me! Part of me was glad to be having car trouble at this particular moment! LOL

I threw my hands up and said I didn't know what to do and explained to him that it was a security alarm issue. He said "It won't let the car start will it?" I confirmed that, indeed, I could not start the car as long as the alarm system was disabling it. I had to get the alarm to stop. I told him that normally I can turn the key back and forth a couple times and it resets the alarm. But this time it wasn't working.

After a short silence, Kevin or whatever his name was, suggested I try the passenger side door. He said maybe the driver's side lock was worn out. My eyes widened and I said "OMG, I can't believe I didn't think to do that!" I walked around to the passenger side, turned the key twice, and off went the alarm! I wanted to hug Kevin. Well, I wanted to hug him anyway, but now I had to restrain myself. I laughed and told him he was my favorite person in the world. He just laughed and said he was glad I got it worked out. And then he just dissappeared into a cloud.

I know Kevin was an angel because he didn't say "Duh! You big dummy! Why didn't YOU think of trying the other door!" A mortal would have! LOL

OK, I have to make a couple confessions. The guy didn't really look anything like Kevin Costner and he didn't really dissappear into a cloud. He actually got into an old blue Firebird or Camaro or something like that. I added those things to make the story more interesting. It's a writer's perogative! hee hee :D

But the experience came at a time when I've been feeling kinda helpless in some ways, especially when it comes to my car. It gave me renewed faith in humanity and a renewed sense of security. When I look back over my life, there have been so many times that help has come from out of nowhere just in my time of need, just like that man did today. I had forgotten what I have written many times in this blog and that is that we will always have what we need when we need it. Sometimes we don't know where it will come from. Sometimes it doesn't come till the midnight hour. But it always comes.

I'm feeling a little less insecure now. And that's a good thing. I'm gonna keep looking for the good! :)

1 comment:

  1. Love your writing, will be looking forward to reading more of it!

    ReplyDelete