Friday, November 6, 2009

It Might Have To Do With Thoughts

When I was in my late teens, I took a job with Combined Insurance Company selling (or should I say NOT selling) cancer insurance. It was a door-to-door, cold call selling job. I starved. But the company did have some very valuable training. I didn't know how valuable it was then, but I do now. They taught things like positive thinking and such. Then I signed up for the Dale Carnegie Course and read books like "Think and Grow Rich", "The Power of Positive Thinking" and "The Greatest Secret". Still I couldn't seem to figure out how to make my life work. So I turned to religion. I read a book called the Bible and it said things like "believe and you shall receive" and "as a man thinks, so is he". I still didn't get it. Then I got interested in metaphysics and learned principles like "what we think about most of the time is what expands in our lives" and that we are creating our lives with our thoughts. Now that I'm 51 years old, I think I've figured something out. Don't know why nobody told me. I think......that if we focus our thoughts on the good things in life, then we'll string together a whole bunch of little good things and end up with one big good thing called a great, happy life! Whew! Glad I finally got that one down!

By the way, did you hear about the turkey recall???? Somebody forgot to butter the balls! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment