Wednesday, November 4, 2009

There's Nothing Permanent

Today has been the first day since I started this blog that I've had a hard time finding the good. Or maybe I should say I had a hard time making myself LOOK for the good. The good in life is not hidden from us like Easter Eggs. It's all around us all the time. We just gotta pay attention. Today, I guess, I didn't really feel like paying attention. My sinuses are burning, scratchy throat, watery eyes, tired, etc. Probably allergies or a cold. And I'm feeling really depressed and feel like crying. Probably PMS. I bailed out of work early today and came home and crawled in bed and slept several hours. I must have needed it because I felt better once I woke back up. (There's something good!) The best thing about today, though, was that I was able to bail out early and come home and take care of myself. AND that I DID come home and take care of myself. In years gone by, I would have just kept pushing. I am very very grateful to be self-employed and be free to do what I need/want to do. I was never very successful living a structured lifestyle. I'm glad I live in a country where I can design my life to suit ME. It IS, after all, MY life.

One thing I've thought about is how I used to go around saying "It seems like every time I start getting my life together, something goes wrong." But the flip side of that is true as well. Every time something goes wrong, it always works out somehow and then my life is good again. I guess it's just a choice we make as to how we're gonna look at it. The old glass half full, half empty thing.

Another good thing is that life is constantly changing. So, if you don't like your life right now, stick around, cuz it's gonna change! Today I saw this great video about a guy down in Texas that does art on dirty cars. He makes all these awesome pictures on his car windshield, only to have the rain wash them away. His said it's OK with him because that gives him the opportunity to create a new picture. Kinda like life. Check it out. http://www.stayfunny.com/video/dirty-car-artist

Maybe today was a good day after all.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, Joann! I'm enjoying your blog! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete