Sunday, October 25, 2009

Looking for the good....in ME

Part of looking for the good is looking for the good in myself. I have to admit that I've spent my whole life until recently thinking I was a total loser because I didn't seem to fit into any of the "slots" of society. I'm not a hippie, a yuppie, an intellect, a debutante, a redneck (well, OK, maybe part redneck!), a leader or a follower. I'm just me. But "me" always seemed strange because I never met anyone else that was like "me". Finally, not too long ago, it dawned on me that people were created like snowflakes, no two alike. And I realized that sameness is not natural. So now, instead of trying to find myself in others, I look in the mirror. Now I am able to see a lot of good in "me" that I could never see before and I embrace my uniqueness. Life is much better now and I'm happier than I've ever been now that I'm just being the best "me" I can be. I'm finally comfortable in my skin. An added benefit is that I'm also better able to accept and appreciate other people who are different from me....which would be EVERYONE, of course, since we're all like snowflakes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment